The Electric Vehicle Controllers is one of the four important parts of an electric car. It is the "brain" of the electric car. It controls the start, run, advance and retreat, speed, and stop of the electric car motor. If the controller fails, it will be difficult to move. . So the "health" of the controller is very important! You have to cherish your riding in normal times to make it work better for you! Here is a brief introduction for friends, the common fault diagnosis and maintenance skills of the controller.
Question 1: Electric bicycles are noisy when riding and slow down with load. After the car is stopped, the car cannot start at zero. It can only run normally after the motor rotates.
Diagnosis and maintenance: This is a symptom of motor phase loss. Now the controller is mostly intelligent, and it will jitter due to phase loss and zero start. This may be a "morbid state" caused by the damage of the motor Hall, and another possibility is that a certain phase circuit inside the controller has a problem. After carefully checking whether there is a problem with the connection line, if the Hall and the connection line are tested normally, then the internal components of the controller have failed, please replace the controller!
Question 2: Electric vehicles do not go energized, and the implementation is laborious, and they make a "thumping" sound when they are implemented.
Diagnosis and maintenance: In this case, the motor wire is short-circuited due to the contact of the virtual connection. You can unplug the three thick phase wires of the motor. The laborious phenomenon disappears, indicating that the controller is broken. Please replace it. If it is still difficult to implement, the problem of the motor may be caused by the short circuit and burnout of the motor coil.
Question3: The electric car can start normally, but it won’t turn after a few meters.
Diagnosis and maintenance: The factors that cause this phenomenon are:
1) When the battery is insufficient, the controller is under voltage protection.
2) Check whether the line is in poor contact, and when the speed increases, the current increases and the power is "obstructed" and the power is cut off. This is often a false welding!
3) The controller is defective, the internal components of the controller are welded or damaged. Electric vehicles have an undervoltage value. When the vehicle reaches the undervoltage point, the controller will stop power supply and ride or slow down. The 48V electric vehicle is the 42V undervoltage point, and the 60V electric vehicle is the 52V undervoltage point.
①Turn on the power car lock, test whether the controller lock line voltage is present, test the 5V power supply line of the handlebar, the 5V power supply line of the Hall, the high-level brake and the high-brake line should be low, and the high brake should be high. , The low-level brake is the opposite, the motor wheel is slowly moved by hand, the three phase wires of the controller have induced voltage, and the three signal wires of Hall (thin yellow, green and blue) also change with the rotation of 0-5 volts. , There is a change in voltage motor indicating that the Hall is normal!
②Measure whether the handle has a signal. Please check the signal wire of the handle. When the handle is not screwed, there is a voltage of 0.8V-1.0V. When it is screwed to the maximum, it will have a voltage of 3.5V-4.0V. normal! If the brake is powered off, the Hall, and the handlebar fault is eliminated, or the power does not go, the controller is faulty!
Question 4: Points to note when installing the controller
TheElectric Vehicle Controllers Everyone must be careful when connecting to the controller. Installation and wiring should not be sloppy. It is best not to use plug-in connectors for the transfer cable. It is best to connect the transfer cable directly and "wrap" it with insulating tape, because In case of water entering the handlebar connector, the car will not go away or the car will be out of control and dangerous. There is also the power line, the motor line should be connected firmly, it is best to solder it with solder to avoid damage due to poor contact! At the same time, avoid the line burnout or the adhesion of the motor line caused by the virtual connection and burn the controller!
In addition to the above-mentioned several common electric vehicle controller faults and solutions, how to repair if the electric vehicle motor has a Hall fault or water ingress?
Let’s first understand what Hall is. Hall is a small electronic component inside the motor. Generally there are three. The signal line of the Hall transmits the position of the magnetic steel in the motor relative to the coil. According to the signal controller of the three Halls Decide how to supply power to the coil. The direction of the coil current is different when the Hall state is different. If there is a problem with the Hall, then it will start abnormally or start abnormally.
So, how to repair the Hall fault?
1. Hall detection. Take out the common tool multimeter, adjust it to the 20v position, insert the red pen into the positive line of the Hall, and insert the black pen into the yellow, green and blue lines of the Hall respectively. Then turn on the power lock and turn the motor wheel slightly. If the voltage changes, the corresponding Hall is normal. Generally, the voltage range is 0-5v. On the contrary, if the voltage remains the same, the corresponding Hall is faulty and the Hall needs to be replaced.
2. Remove the differential motor. The motor and the differential are generally separated. If it is a hexagonal wire, please use a pointed awl to clean the dirt attached to the hexagonal cap for disassembly.
3. Put the dismantled parts in order, and there are magnets inside to protect them, so as not to attract debris and cause trouble.
4. Detect the damage of the corresponding Hall, tap it with a sharp awl. Please do not solder for a long time when welding the Hall, so as to avoid the damage of the Hall by the heat! Then fix the Hall with 101 glue to prevent it from falling off, and fix the wire with a wire harness! Then install, the screws must be tightened to prevent the screws from falling off.